Tuesday 8 February 2011

Book-Blogging #1: "Nach dem Sommer" by Maggie Stiefvater

Hi there!
Today I have my first book review for you guys!
I don't have a scheme for these book-blogging posts yet, so I will just do it how it comes to my mind ;) I'll try not to spoil anything, but I might have to sometimes...I will try to mark any spoilers, so if you don't want to read them, skip these parts!
Let's get started:
I just recently read "Nach dem Sommer" (the English title is Shiver) by Maggie Stiefvater which was given to me for Christmas by my Grandma, and I loved it! The book belongs to a trilogy, and this one is the first one to be published. The following 2 ones aren't available yet, but they'll be published in the future.
It's a really special story about a girl and a werewolf, but not like Twilight, different, but really good :) The story describes it all very detailed, and all the properties are not ones that already appeared in other stories - at least I never read about them before! When I first read about it, I thought: Just like Twilight! But it's not! There's really not a lot they both have in common. The story is kinda bitter-sweet, partly really cute but also sometimes sad. It's really deep, it goes under the surface, not so superficial like other stories. The story is written from two prespectives: the girl's (Grace) and the boy's (Sam). I normally find it kinda hard to put myself into a guy's shoes in stories, but not in this one. I even found it easier to put myself into Sam's shoes than Grace's.
Here are the textes from the book that are on the cover. To read them, just click on them and they'll be enlarged :)
And now, my opinion on a few things from the book. Watch out, SPOILER ALERT!
First of, there were so many cute scenes that I read over and over ;) The one in the bookstore, the one in the candy store and the one when he sings the song he wrote for her. Especially the song, I love it <3 so so cute!
The last few chapters were pretty sad, I almost cried when he turned into a wolf again. But then again, the very last sentences made me want to read the next novel so badly! Unfortunately, it's not avaiable yet, otherwise I'd run and get it ;) But I liked the end, how he came back to her, because it made me curious for the following book!
one of my favorite scenes :)
SPOILER ALERT OVER ;)
It's definitely not an easy read, but it's a page-turner for sure! I loved it, can't wait for the next books to be published :) You have to read it! It's so good :)

Did anyone of you read this book, too? Did you like it?
What do you think of my first book review?
xoxo, Misch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.