Tuesday 2 August 2011

Blogging-Techniques: Comments

Hi guys!
Today's topic for Blogging-Techniques is Comments. In the last episode I was asked by Salander to do a post about comments, especially comment approval.
I approve all of the comments on my blog, because I want to know what is going on.
There are a few things that I want to prevent by doing this: spam, advertisement and rude content.
Spam is just annoying, it really upsets everyone and I just don't want to have that on here. My blog is a spam-free zone, and I want to keep that.
Then, advertisement is the next unwanted thing. I understand that everyone who has their own business wants to make it popular. But they can do their advertisement somewhere else, not here. I already do a lot of advertising for the brands I recommend on here, and I don't get anything for that. That's the way it is when you blog about products, and I don't think that's a bad thing. But that way I can at least decide which brands get on my blog, and which not. If I would let people post any commercial and advertising stuff in the comments, it would get out of hand, and that's what I don't want.
And the last thing are comments with rude content. On my blog, I don't want to have any bullying or insulting. I don't really know about it, but I guess I also have younger readers, and this point is also for them. I know that you can read rude comments and insults at a lot of places, but my blog's none of them. And it's also just not polite or in any way bearable to leave rude comments. If you have a problem, we can for sure talk about it in a calm way, but insults and stuff like that will never help. And that's why I will never publish anything like that on here.

Since I need to approve all of the comments, I make sure I read every single comment. I appreciate them all, and by approving them, I can also immediately reply to them.
Luckily there haven't been any big issues with rude contents on here, and I'm glad about it :)
Do you approve the comments on your blog?
Until then,
xoxo, Misch

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this!
    My comments were open until one week ago. I started receiving rude comments (well, just a couple so far), so I enabled the comment moderation.
    I feel sad for this kind of people who has a life so empty that needs to express themselves with rude comments. My blog is not a place for that.
    I appreciate a lot your point of view :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: you're welcome :)
    That's really a bad thing to do...you're so right, some people don't have anything else to do than being rude... But don't let that bring you down, you're great :)
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sure ;) just kidding :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.