Thursday 29 March 2012

NOTD March 29th: Hunger Games Inspired Flame Nail Art

Hey there guys!
Today I want to show you the mani I'm wearing to see the Hunger Games movie tonight. I'm super excited to finally see it, and of course I'll also write a movie review :D
In the book they mention the nails Katniss wears when she gets into the arena, and I decided to do nails like these, too. The design is flames!
Now, let me tell you, I had a hard time doing these nails. At first it was simple, I painted my nails yellow (Essence - Sundancer) and then sponged on orange (China Glaze - Life Preserver) and red (China Glaze - Hey Sailor). But then I had to take black (p2 - eternal) and fill in every part that wasn't supposed to be part of the flames. I did it with a nail art brush by Kiko in the end, but it didn't work that well because I just couldn't create realistic flame shapes...but it doesn't matter, the thought counts :D And it works ;)
What do you think of these nails? And have you already seen the Hunger Games movie?
xoxo, Misch

7 comments:

  1. The colour of the fire is very well done, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Using this to attempt my own, irritatingly started with the black and THEN read this. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Am attempting my own so Googled and found your pic - painted my nails black and THEN opened this! D'oh! Well we'll see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :)
      haha! but it could also work that way, as long as your polishes are opaque enough to show up over the black! But let me know how it turned out! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.