Tuesday 10 April 2012

Spotted: Essence Soul Sista LE

Hi there!
Today I want to report about another LE I got to see kinda late...dumb drugstore! Essence's Soul Sista LE was supposed to be out in the middle of March, but better late than never, right?!
This LE contains 2 eyeshadow palettes, 2 glitter eyeliners, 2 lipglosses, 1 liquid bronzer, 1 bronzing powder, 1 kabuki powder brush and 5 nail polishes. Here *click* you can see the promo pics.
The eyeshadow palettes are both fun, with nice colors for summer. But I think I have enough similar shades that I didn't need them. I have no idea how the pigmentation is, sorry about that :/
The glitter eyeliners are nice for sure, but I don't like to just have glitter particles around my eyes, so nothing for me here. They didn't look like they would be opaque, just like the contain only glitter.
The lipglosses have nice colors, but none I like to wear. Just not that great for my light skin tone, I fear.
The liquid bronzer isn't exactly what I use anyway, and since I was afraid the color would be too dark for my light skin I left it at the store.
The bronzing powder did look nice, but again: I hardly wear bronzer because it's often too dark for me. I prefer blush ;)
I have already heard great things about the Kabuki brush, but unfortunately it was already sold out. I don't know why, but lately the only things I want from an LE are always sold out :P
Last but not least, the nail polishes. Fun summer colors, really nice. I picked the one that looked the prettiest to me, which is 05 Mojito Green. It's a bright turquoise shade, with a slight gold shimmer. I tried to pick it up, but that's hard for my camera when the natural light is so bad (screw you, snow!). I hope you'll be able to see it with the NOTD pictures I'll do tomorrow. But enlarge these pictures and you'll be able to tell it!
After all, I think it's a cute summer LE, but nothing extraordinary.
What did you get from this LE? Anything exciting?
xoxo, Misch

6 comments:

  1. I really like the idea but like you point it out I don't need anything but I was excited to see new nail polish colors and what are the odds you took the color I don't like on my nails :) :) (history is repeating)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, seems like we'll never make it work ;) with the next LE you gotta tell me ahead of time which color you don't want me to get ;)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to take a look at that kabuki brush too. I think you managed to capture the shimmer quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Essence always makes good brushes!
      Thanks, I'm glad you think so! :)

      Delete
  3. this is such a beautiful color and the shimmer make it even better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.