Thursday 26 April 2012

When I don't wear nail polish...

...I still wear nail polish.
Whenever someone tells me not to wear nail polish for some occasion, like a dancing event or something, I always ask whether it's okay to wear clear polish, and most of the time that works. But I don't really only wear clear polish ;) This is what I normally do: base coat (Essence Pro White French), 2 coats of Catrice's Rock Barock from their Urban Baroque LE, and top coat (Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer). Sounds like a lot for just "nude" nails, but for me it's normal ;) I actually really like what this looks like, it makes my nails look way more perfect than they actually are ;) My nails look a little milky and shiny, I like that way :)
I never leave my nails unpolished, because they're used to it and tend to break when I don't have anything on them. And they don't look as yellow as they do when they're naked :D
Do you ever do real naked nails?
xoxo, Misch

10 comments:

  1. I rarely have naked nails but one of my nails is breaking and it is way below the tip so I'm using the teabag method to keep it together until it grows out a bit.Hate having naked nails when I have so many pretty polishes to play with :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, what a pity! does the tea bag method work for you? I never tried it!
      haha, I feel the same :)

      Delete
    2. I've had it on for 3 days now and it is still holding up! I hope it works. This is my first time trying it.

      Delete
    3. that's great, I'll cross my fingers for you :)

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I went for a bare nail look or French mani, but I usually let my nails rest a few days between one mani and the next.
    So you dance too? What style, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire you for being able to give your nails a break! I always tell myself to but then I have real naked nails and just can't stand it that way because I think they're ugly ;)
      I dance in a group at school, and the style is kinda jazz dance, modern like. It's not hip-hop, but no ballet or classic standard dance with a partner, either. What style to you dance?

      Delete
    2. I'm (well, both Marian and I are) having flamenco dance lessons and in the past I did bellydance for about four years or so.
      Feel free to share some of your dancing if you like.
      I try to give my nails a little rest whenever I can. I took off my latest polish this morning and will probably wait until Monday to paint them again. In the meantime, I like to think about the mani I'll be wearing next. ;)

      Delete
    3. Wow, that's really cool! Those are great dances :)
      Yes, I might do that in the future :)
      I can never wait this long, I always gotta paint my nails immediately!

      Delete
  3. Naked nails for me are also polished with something neutral, usually milky pink but now I set my eyes on the 'new' Essence nude series (I definitely have to try some of them) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's a good idea, I also have to try some of them! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.