Monday 28 May 2012

Vacation Series: Sun Protection

Hey there!
Today I want to start with the first post of my Vacation Series, and I want to talk about Sun Protection and SPF.
In general, using products with SPF is really important, and it can be either actual sunscreen or a SPF included in your foundation/moisturizer. A lot of skin products nowadays come with a SPF or a uva/uvb protection anyway, so that is a good way to start. The reason to use a sun protection is to prevent the damage the sun can cause. Protecting your skin from getting sunburned will help prevent premature wrinkles and also skin cancer.
And especially when you spend your time outside in summer, at the beach or just somewhere where you're under the sun all the time, it's super important to protect yourself! I'd say you should always choose a rather high SPF, personally I always go for 30. But don't ever get something lower than 20! And even if you hardly ever get sunburned and you just tan right away, or are already a darker skin tone, still use your SPF! It's just better for your skin!
This doesn't only apply to your face, but also to the rest of your body! Always always apply sunscreen before you go to the beach, and do that already about an hour earlier, so the SPF can fully work. Also, don't forget to reapply your sunscreen during the day! Even if your sunscreen is waterproof, it'll fade eventually and you want your protection to be there all the time.
To enhance your protection make sure you wear clothes and spend some time in the shade! No body will be happy with spending hours and hours in just a bikini in the direct sun!
There are also sunscreens available for all things one can imagine, with a self-tanning effect, with anti-aging properties, for sensitive skin, with an extra-high SPF of 50+, as a creme, an oil, a spray,... just check your drugstore! The selection is especially big in summer. I always get the normal SPF 30 ones. Also, I'm not a big fan of using normal sunscreen on my face, because it's always so sticky and shiny and clogs my pores. So I found this Face Fluid at my local drugstore! It's such a good idea, made for the face especially, and I can't wait to try it at the beach :) A review will follow when I'm back from my vacation.
And, as an extra thing, I got myself a hair protection spray. I don't know whether it'll help my scalp or hair or anything, but I thought it'd be a good thing to try. Do you know anything about hair sun protection sprays?
I think sun protection is such an important thing, especially during the hot summer, and that's the reason why I chose it as the beginning episode of this series. Hope you found it helpful!
In the next episode I'll be talking about how to take care of your skin after a day in the sun.
See you soon!
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. Sun damage is cummulative, that is, you will pay for the mistakes you made in the past. I rarely sunbathe now and neither does my sister, who's had three moles surgically removed. With the last, her dermathologist told her she'd been lucky because it didn't look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so right, one has to be so careful!
      Oh my gosh, I hope everything's okay with her!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.