Thursday 29 August 2013

NOTD August 29th: Catrice L'Afrique, c'est chic LE - C04 Rouge, Bien Sûr

Hi guys!
Today I'd like to show you a nail polish I already bought before my vacation, but totally forgot about it until now! I'm talking about a color from Catrice's L'Afrique, c'est chic LE from July. The shade is called C04 Rouge, Bien Sûr.
Rouge, Bien Sûr is a pinkish red shade, I'd say something in the neighborhood of strawberry colored. It contains rather huge glitter particles in silver. It also dries matte, and Catrice calls this finish "Sand Finish". It's just like all of the textured polishes we've seen around this year, it's what OPI calls Liquid Sand.

Application was alright. Due to the textured finish the formula is rather thick, but therefore also very pigmented. I used 2 coats for full opacity.
Rouge, Bien Sûr really reminds me of strawberries, because the glitter particles look like strawberry seeds, don't they? I really like the textured look of this finish, but I think that the glitter isn't spread well enough for a very consistent glittery finish like with OPI's Liquid Sand nail polishes. But I still like it!

What do you think about it?
xoxo, Misch

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really lovely colour! I had no idea Catrice have also textured polishes in some TE. I'm curious about other shades from this collection :) even if I surely won't find them here :D Hope this one is better than Essence ones. They're drying for ages, but the colours are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it!
      do you mean some Essence textured ones? I didn't know they had any!

      Delete
    2. Yay, Essence has 3 shades of textured polishes now in the standard range :)) They are really pretty, but I've had quite a hard time with the drying :D I was used to quite a quick drying time with every other brand's textured polishes I've tried so far, so maybe I'm a bit spoiled, but the Essence ones dry really sloowly! So bad you can't use speed drying top coat over them, it would ruin the effect =/ Even if they must be beautiful even with the top coat, that's true, but still, you know what I mean :D

      Delete
    3. How cool, thanks for letting me know!
      I totally understand what you mean with the drying time, that also always annoys me!

      Delete
  2. I like the colour and the sand effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally missed this LE, so I will check the new Essence sand effect nail polishes, they are probably the same thing in different colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.